We are San Diego's premier Elder Law Firm assisting our elder, disabled and special needs communities, their families and caregivers, with their legal needs. Our practice focuses on Medi-Cal and life care planning, public benefits planning, special needs planning, preservation of family assets, incapacity planning, trusts, powers of attorney, and probate. We pride ourselves in providing exemplary client service.
We at San Diego Elder Law Center help our clients and their families with:
- Identifying appropriate and quality care and resources for your family member, and accessing any available programs or funds to pay for such care;
- Qualifying for Medi-Cal nursing home or VA coverage, while avoiding or minimizing “share of cost” and State recovery actions;
- Pre-crisis and crisis planning to preserve our clients' estates for the benefit of themselves, their spouses, children and heirs;
- Coping with the legal problems posed by dementia, special needs, incapacity, disability, or death;
- Special Needs Trusts and other protective planning for the developmentally disabled;
- Preserving eligibility for public benefits in face of inheritance or other new income or assets.
The San Diego Elder Law Center was founded in 1997 by San Diego attorney Philip P. Lindsley to better serve the legal needs of San Diego County's elders, as well as those with disabilities and special needs, and to provide needed assistance to their families and caregivers. Mr. Lindsley has more than 33 years of experience in disability and Medi-Cal planning, conservatorships, trust & estate planning, special needs trusts and probate. He limits his practice to these areas. Mr. Lindsley has been designated a Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA) by the National Elder Law Foundation. This specialization in Elder Law is accredited by the State Bar of California and the American Bar Association. He is one of only two certified specialists in Elder Law in San Diego County. He is also a California State Bar Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trusts and Probate, and an Accredited Veterans Administration Attorney. Mr. Lindsley is a native San Diegan. He did his undergraduate and graduate work in Psychology at San Diego State University, graduating with honors. He received his Juris Doctorate from USD School of Law in 1980.
Philip Lindsley is also a former Adjunct Professor at the University of San Diego School of Law, having taught primarily in the area of conservatorships, disability, and mental health law. He is a popular speaker before professional groups and the general public. He is active in the State and local Bar Associations, and in the legal community. A complete professional vitae is available upon request.
Our Mission: San Diego Elder Law Center is devoted to protecting the financial resources, legal rights and dignity of the elderly and those with special needs or disabilities, as well as their families and caregivers.
Our Guiding Principles:
- We will preserve and protect our clients’ legal rights, financial security and dignity to the maximum degree possible within the law and our high ethical standards.
- We will know the rules and regulations for public benefits programs our clients may be eligible for, and assist them in qualifying or maintaining their eligibility.