10 Ways to Beat Caregiver Stress [Infographic]
July 20, 2017
Click below to view full size!
While rewarding, caregiving is hard work. The demands and pressure of caring for the others can place immense emotional, mental, and even physical stress on the caregiver. It’s important to take proper steps to reduce and alleviate these tensions, which can take a serious toll on the care provider’s health and lead to “caregiver burnout,” reducing job satisfaction and often affecting quality of care. To avoid this, here are 10 ways to deal with caregiver stress:
- Get some rest – Get plenty of rest and sleep so your body and mind can recover.
- Improve your diet – Eat a healthy diet full of fruits, vegetables and grains, and avoid foods high in fat and sugar.
- Socialize – Connect with friends or family to unwind!
- Find balance – Practice meditation and yoga.
- Ask for help – If things are getting beyond your control, seek help and communicate your feelings.
- Get fit – Exercise regularly, participate in outdoor activities and stay active.
- Stay positive – Accept that there are events you can’t control, celebrate your successes and focus on solutions.
- Take a break – Treat yourself to some time off, vacation, and spa days.
- Have some fun – Reward yourself with fun, relaxing activities, including your favorite hobby, a nice dinner or live entertainment.
- Stay healthy – Visit your doctor for regular check-ups.
Share this Image On Your Site
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.