10 Reasons to Smile Today
August 20, 2017
We all occasionally have bad days or fall into a funk from time to time, but thankfully there are plenty of reasons to keep a positive outlook on life. As it turns out, smiling can actually provide a huge benefit to us both mentally and physically. To help brighten your day, here are 10 reasons to smile today:
- Smiling boosts your immune system: Tons of studies have shown how smiling and laughter can have physical and psychological health benefits at any age, and especially for elderly individuals and those with health conditions.
- Lower your blood pressure: Smiling can help lower your blood pressure and reduce your stress level according to many studies.
- A memorable smile: People are 3 times more likely to remember you if you are smiling when you meet them than if you are displaying a negative or neutral expression.
- Trust me: Studies have shown that people will find you more trustworthy and credible if you are smiling.
- More attractive than makeup: A study by Orbit Complete revealed that 69% of people find women more attractive when they smile then when they are wearing makeup.
- Say cheese: 63% of people say they look their best in photographs when they are smiling and showing their teeth.
- Live longer! Researchers at Columbia University found that happier people are less likely to develop heart problems.
- It’s free: According to Dale Carnegie, author of How to Win Friends and Influence People: “A smile costs nothing, but creates much. It enriches those who receive, without impoverishing those who give. It happens in a flash and the memory of it sometimes lasts forever.”
- Better than chocolate? The British Dental Health Foundation found that a loving smile could produce the same emotional response as eating 2,000 chocolate bars!
- Get comfortable: Studies have shown that smiling will help you feel more comfortable in situations where you might otherwise feel awkward.
Clearly there are plenty of reasons to smile today, all of which can help you feel happier, healthier and memorable. What are some reasons that you can think of to smile today?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.